We all have been through a situation where the screen just went black, even though if it’s turned on. Especially on Android phones, these things happen pretty often, if you are running an old Android smartphone.
How the Black Screen Actually appears on Android
The black screen of an Android device is different than the situation where the phone doesn’t turn on.
- Advertisement -
- The lights on the phone flash and blink appropriately, but the screen not working.
- You can utilize the buttons on the phone and hear or feel the appropriate responses, but nothing is displayed on the screen.
- The phone rings or makes sounds for notifications, but you cannot interact with the phone.
How to Fix a Black Screen on an Android Phone
There could be many reasons for the black screen issues. However, below are some fixes with which your phone might start to work properly.
- Make sure that the buttons of your smartphone aren’t jammed. Also, inspect that the buttons are connected to the board and are not cracked, or jammed with dirt, lotions or anything. Then try freeing the buttons by pressing the button several times in quick successions. The button should free depress and release with each press.
- Clean the charging port as well and then restart your phone. Check if the phone is now charging.
- Wait for the batteries to die completely and the phone shuts down and then recharge it from 0 to 100%. restart the phone when it is fully charged. If there is a critical system error causing the black screen, this should get your phone working again.
- Firmly, but not to firmly press the sides of the front and back of the phone together. if there s a loose connection of LCD, it could be fixed like this. After pressing the LCD, restart your smartphone, if still there is no response you may want to show it to an authorized service center.
- Force restart the phone. Many critical system errors can be cleared up with a force restart. Depending on the model of Android phone you have you may need to use some combination of buttons to force restart the phone, including:
- Press & hold the Home, Power, & Volume Down/Up buttons.
- Press & hold the Home & Power buttons.
- Press & hold the Power/Bixby button until the phone shuts down completely.
- Remember to restart your phone after it has completely shut down.
- Clear the cache of your Android Smartphone, it can cause a lot of issues, by deleting the temporary files and cache it might fix the issue of black screen as well.
- Reboot your phone into Safe mode. Safe mode may allow you to navigate the phone to restart it, perform tasks that could help fix the black screen problem. Like a recently installed app that could cause the issue.
- Lastly, try to do a factory reset of your smartphone. This will erase all your data so make sure to backup everything you have.
More to read
- How to buy a used laptop in perfect condition?
- How to install MIUI 12 Super Planet Wallpapers on any Android phone
- How to free up space on your Android phone
- How to connect AirPods to Android
- How to stream PUBG Mobile on YouTube
- How to play PUBG Mobile on PC
- How to root Android phone
- Advertisement -