- Motorola Edge S will be the flagship phone from Motorola
- The phone will be the world’s first smartphone to run the new Snapdragon 870 chipset
- Motorola Edge S to feature a 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with 105Hz refresh rate
Earlier we saw Qualcomm unveiled their new flagship processor the Snapdragon 870 5G. However, hours after that Motorola announced that their upcoming 2021 flagship smartphone is coming with the Snapdragon 870 processor. The 2021 flagship smartphone by Motorola is named as Moto Edge S and will debut on 26 January 2021.
Last year, we saw Motorola launched Moto Edge+ and Edge, featuring Snapdragon 865 processor, a curved display along with 90 Hz of high refresh rate. However, due to some quality issues, the phone was not able to catch the limelight of the market.
This year Motorola is launching yet another flagship smartphone, we hope that this time Motorola fixes all the flaws from the Moto Edge+. The upcoming Moto Edge S will be powered by the Snapdragon 870 5G chipset. Currently, the Snapdragon 870 is the fastest clock speed processor that any chipset can have.
Also Read: Moto G Stylus leaked renders show its physical design
The Kryo 585 core is running at insanely fast at 3.2 GHz. The Snapdragon 870 is built on TSMC’s 7nm process which was used in the making of Snapdragon 865 processors. The 870 processor is an octa-core processor featuring a performance-oriented Cortex A77 followed by Cortex A77 running at low RPM, along with a 4 Cortex A55 power-efficient cores. Thus, the processor looks promising, the real-world test will tell the actual facts about the processor.
Coming to the specs of the Motorola Moto Edge S, it should be having a 6.7-inch FHD+ display with a 105 Hz of high refresh rate, along with a 64 MP main camera. Currently, we don’t have any further details about the Moto Edge S, however, we will keep updating about the specs and launch keynote about the upcoming Moto Edge S powered by the Snapdragon 870 5G.
More to read
- Moto G 5G launched as India’s new cheapest 5G smartphone
- Motorola Razr 5G launched with improved hinge design and better features at $1,399.9
- Motorola One 5G with 5000mAh battery, Snapdragon 765 SoC launched in US
- Huawei redesigns its AppGallery app store to improve navigation